- THE PURPOSE is to promote longevity and safety in aviation; to represent the interests of senior pilots worldwide; to inspire youth to fly; and to promote fellowship among members of the United Flying Octogenarians.
- THE MEMBERSHIP is open to any pilot who holds, or has held, an airman’s flight certificate in a fixed or rotary wing, sport, balloon or glider aircraft and has exercised the privilege of pilot in command after reaching the age of eighty (80). The application shall contain a statement that the applicant will abide by the Charter and Bylaws.
- THE DIRECTORS are elected by and act on behalf of the membership for two-year terms. To enhance continuity, approximately one-half of the Directors are elected one year, and one-half of the Directors are elected the next year. The terms for the newly elected Directors are coordinated at the Annual Meeting.
THE OFFICERS are elected for a two-year term by Board majority four months before the Annual Meeting. They will assume their responsibilities after the Annual Meeting. If an Officer is elected with only one year remaining on their term as a Director, they will automatically be reelected at the next election. The Officers are:
- PRESIDENT – The President is the chief executive officer of the organization.
- VICE-PRESIDENTS – The Vice-Presidents shall perform duties as designated by their Titles. In the event the Presidency is vacated for any reason, the Executive Vice President shall assume the remaining tenure.
- SECRETARY/TREASURER – The Secretary/Treasurer is a combined office responsible for the recording of the proceedings of the Organization; and the handling of the Organization’s funds.
- THE AREA DIRECTORS shall be appointed by the President from time to time.
- THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will be held at a time and place of the Annual AOPA Aviation Summit, unless otherwise directed by the Board of Directors.
- THE DUES shall be specified by the Board of Directors. Payment is due the first of the year, or to accompany an application for membership. Non-payment will result in lapse of membership.
- THE LIABILITY of each member shall be limited to the payment of annual dues.
Approved by the Officers and Board of Directors - June, 2012
Any pilot who holds, or has held, an airman’s flight certificate in a fixed or rotary wing, sport, balloon or glider aircraft and has exercised the privilege of pilot in command after reaching the age of eighty (80). The application shall contain a statement that the applicant will abide by the Charter and Bylaws.
- J.L. Robinson
- T. Jacks
- E.K. Bates
- Harold Hoekstra
- Aubrey R. Stains
The membership application shall contain a statement that the applicant has read a copy of the United Flying Octogenarian Charter and that he or she agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set forth therein.